Xplore! is committed to making our centre as inclusive as possible. With that in mind we have created our social stories:
- To download a copy of click of our social story for general visitors here - Xplore Social story for General Visitors
- To download a copy of click of our social story for schools here - Xplore Social Story for school groups
We have created a Matterport walkthrough of the centre allowing everyone to get an idea of the centre before they arrive - Here
Xplore! Science Discovery Centre Access Statement summary:
- Xplore! has level access using both main entrance doors.
- We have a hearing loop around our entrance and reception areas.
- Our café and science shop are open to members of the public as well as Xplore! Visitors
- The exhibition area, here at Xplore!, has exhibits of varying heights and actions, please ask a member of staff if you need any assistance. We also have a low light area, theatre and two workshop rooms.
- We have a wheelchair and buggy park, visitor lockers and a picnic area for our visitors to use.
- We have male and female toilets as well as two gender neutral and accessible toilets plus baby changing facilities.
- We welcome assistance dogs.
- Xplore! recognises the sunflower lanyard scheme and many of our staff have received dementia friends training from Alzheimer's Society and autism awareness training from the National Autistic Society.
- Fully accessible changing places facility for adults and children.
To download and view a copy of our full access statement, please click here: Xplore! Access Statement.
If you have any questions regarding access or our access statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01978 293400