Xplore! Science Discovery Centre is proud to be able to offer an experience for all; regardless of age, ability, gender or background. We welcome everyone to our centre and wish to ensure that your visit is comfortable, intriguing and enjoyable.
If you have any questions about access related issues prior to your visit, please call 01978 293400 or e-mail email@example.com
Photo of Changing Places facility, Photo of buggy park etc.
Here are some of the ways we have made our centre accessible:
- Accessible toilets, Changing Places facility, baby changing and gender neutral toilets all available
- Service dogs are welcome
- Wide access walkways and doors allow for easy manoeuvring of wheelchairs and pushchairs.
- The centre is all at one level, accessed from street level via the Henblas Street doors or up a short ramp with handrails via the Chester Street doors
- There is good colour contrast between floor and walls
- The attraction is well lit, apart from the Dark Room (featuring a small number of light exhibits)
- A number of different dietary requirements are catered for in the café
- We are a breastfeeding friendly establishment
- Facilities are available for heating baby food and drinks and highchairs are available for families with young children
- All areas within the building are well equipped to deal with the evacuation of mobility impaired visitors should the need arise
- In the theatre and workshop spaces, we provide space for wheelchairs and pushchairs
- All paying visitors who require special assistance are offered free admission for their carer
- Assistance from the Xplore! Science Communicator team is available at all times
Other points to note before you visit:
- Disabled parking and public transport is available a short distance from our centre.
- We recognise the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower scheme and visitors should wear their lanyard to let our team know they might need support, help or a little extra time
- It can get very noisy in the exhibition area and we encourage those with hyper-sensitivity to noise to bring their ear defenders
- Our staff are happy to wear microphones connected to your hearing aid – please just ask
- Our Supervisors are learning British Sign Language, please look for their silver Supervisor badges
We work hard to make our facilities to everyone. However, if you have any thoughts on how we could do even more, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org 01978 293400.