Xplore! is the premier Science Discovery Centre in North Wales attracting both the general public and school visits at primary and secondary level. The centre offers over 65 interactive science exhibits in addition to live science shows delivered to the public at weekends and during local (Wrexham) school holidays, enriching the lives of over 80,000 visitors every year.
For schools, Xplore! offers a comprehensive programme of curriculum related science workshops and shows for groups in Foundation/Key Stage 1 right up to Key Stage 5. These can be delivered either at the centre or by outreach visits across the whole of North Wales and into North West England, including Cheshire East and West, Warrington, Wirral, Liverpool and Shropshire.
To be a home for science working with communities building trust, sparking curiosity, and raising aspirations. Engaging and inspiring communities to continue their learning journey beyond Xplore!
To see the local and regional communities actively engaged with and passionate about science.
We communicate and share science in exciting and innovative ways with everyone regardless of age, ability, or background.
- Supportive – a close-knit work family that celebrates each-others’ successes.
- Learner-focussed - passing on knowledge and sharing best practices; acting as a bridge between society and scientists.
- Inclusive - of others by appreciating and encouraging diversity within the workplace as well as actively engaging hard to reach communities.
- Passionate - about our planet; actively working towards creating an environmentally sustainable centre.
- Proud - of our Welsh culture and of our charitable aims and objectives.
- We will spark curiosity by creating ‘wow’ moments by providing interactive experiences and through fostering an environment where every opinion counts.
- We will build trust by listening to and acting upon feedback; and by working with honesty and integrity to provide accurate scientific information and a high-quality product.
- We will inspire and engage people internally by developing our staff and creating a learning environment; and externally by bringing science into communities and celebrating and sharing our achievements.
- We will be innovative through collaboration, co-creation with partners, colleagues and communities as well as by embracing new technologies that audiences wouldn’t otherwise be able to access.
- We will future-proof Xplore!, seeking to secure the financial sustainability of the charity for generations to come.