Our Parties are Slime - filled, Space travelling, Dinosaur travelling fun. Escape the stress of party planning by coming to Xplore!
There are 3 themes to choose from
- SLIME - Delve into this interactive workshop and discover how to make your very own pots of slime to take home. Have fun changing the colour, making it glow in the dark and even adding beads to your slime. Test your slime to see how much you can stretch it, squash it and bounce it.
- ROCKETS - Walk across Neil Armstrong’s footprint then get creative and design your own rocket, before launching them at the end using water and effervescent tablets. The fun doesn’t stop there, take your rockets home and launch them up into the air over and over again.
- DINOSAURS - Become Palaeontologists and use magnifying glasses and brushes to uncover fossils. Can you work together to find a dinosaur footprint, fossilized frog and a T-Rex tooth? Afterwards, design your own dinosaur and make a mask (KS1) or puppet (KS2) to take home and enjoy for hours to come.
We are able to cater these for between 10 and 20 children.
All parties at Xplore include:
- Entry to the centre
- A make and take activity be that Slime, Rockets or Dinosaurs
- A dedicated host for your party
- Annual Membership for the birthday child
- A drinks bottle for the birthday child
- A party bag for each child
As well as the above you can choose to purchase professionally printed and designed bilingual invitations for a nominal fee. The invitations are available for download and printing yourself for free.
Parties at Xplore! are £11 per child without food.
A party at Xplore! can also include party food. The food, delivered fresh from local café and institution Marubbi's Café offers a range of options. The food includes:
- Choice of sandwich; choose from ham, cheese, jam, tuna mayo
- Choice of sausage roll or vegan roll
- Choice of drink; choose from water, apple & blackcurrant or orange fruit shoot)
- Small cake
- Fruit bag; halved grapes & orange slices)
Parties at Xplore! including food are £15 per child.
For parties of more than 20 party guests, in place of a themed workshop, we offer a birthday themed live science show only available for larger parties. This show needs lots of audience participation and afterwards, each party guest will be given a small bag of equipment to carry out their own science experiments at home.
Please note these parties are available at 10am and 2pm only.
Exclusive hire parties are available on weekends and school holidays from 4pm-6pm and includes an exclusive show from 4pm until 4:30pm and full use of the centre from 4.30pm allowing your party to use the exhibitions exclusively until the party end at 6pm. This party option has an additional charge of £150.
Once you have booked your party you will be asked for a non-refundable deposit of £30 within a week to guarantee your selected date.
For more information or to book your party contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01978293400